Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Twenty-One of "31 Days of Love": Writing a Birthday Card to my Good Friend and Brother, Cauchy Choi

Tonight I wrote a birthday card to my friend Cauchy Choi.

I'm not big on writing cards and I have a bad habit of not appreciating people much on their birthdays.

But anyway, I met Cauchy through Intervarsity, the campus ministry I was involved with first semester. He was one of my leaders on several occasions and in multiple different groups.

He is likely one of the most genuinely loving and caring guys I have ever met. He truly lives in faith, fear, and love of the Lord and I do not doubt that God will use him in a big way wherever he goes. He embodies sincerity and love too much. He is far too generous and too personable not to be a light to those around him.

He was there for me probably more than any one other person on this campus when I felt burdened or heavy, and in hindsight, he's probably pray for me more than any other person on this campus also.

He has been like a big brother to me. I realize how little I've appreciated him thus far, so I hope the card I wrote for him tonight goes a long way in affirming his powerful love and dedication to people.

So my act of love today was stepping out of my bad habits and taking the effort to write an awesome card to show love and appreciation to someone who really deserves it.
-----------------------------------------
Challenge: Write a card to someone. Doesn't matter if its their birthday or not; chances are, there's someone in your life whom you can really love and appreciate more!

No comments:

Post a Comment