2009 was an eventful year for me.
A year, though minuscule in comparison to the grandiose wingspan of Time, can be so very significant. 2009 was the year I crossed over from seventeen to eighteen years of age. It was the year that I entered and left and shuffled through my first serious relationship. It was the year I graduated high school and began college. It was the year that's taught me some serious life lessons. All this and a lot more.
Put simply, 2009 was a teacher to me.
It taught me:
1) I was/am narrow-minded and judgmental
2) a lot about what faith is and isn't.
3) that God is real, present, and actively involved in the day to day.
4) that I lack integrity and will power.
5) that I'm still young, foolish, and bratty.
6) where I need to grow, mature, develop, humble, and correct myself.
7) that I live in a bubble, ignorant of the real world, its complexities, its grotesqueness, and its plain and simple reality. I live with a self-centered view of the world, life, faith, family, community, society, and humanity.
I think these realizations and reflections should help me in formulating my New Year's Resolutions.
God's really mysterious.
No comments:
Post a Comment