Friday, June 4, 2010

LOVE LIFE 11: Driving Like a Christian

- 11 of 31 -

Lately I've been getting very frustrated and annoyed while driving. In large part due to my new commute back and forth from Koreatown for my internship, I've been finding myself in many stressful driving situations. The worst is when you've been in the car for over an hour and you just want to get to your destination, but you're stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic!

I usually rarely exercise any road rage or much impatience on the road, but lately I have been cutting people off and grunting angrily. Obviously sometimes when you're in a hurry and in traffic, you have to do what you have to do.

But today, I thought, I wonder how Jesus would drive if he was here in my shoes.

So the rest of the day I tried my best to be a more civil, polite, and loving driver. Whether that meant not getting angry and trying to make eye contact with really slow drivers that I shoot by, or simply being more patient and yielding to other drivers, I made my best effort to drive like a Christian.

But definitely a work in progress.

Challenge: Drive like a follower of Jesus.

Bible Verse of the Day: "Do everything in love." -1 Corinthians 16:14

1 comment: